What are the main constituents of event planning?
This is a common question that most people ask. Keeping in mind the need of answering this question, we have devised an event planning guide that aims at giving an overview about the fundamental steps that you will need to follow in order to plan an event. Note that this guide does not encompass all the minor details. However, it is enough to get you started with the process.
In this regard, we have broken down the process into 10 main steps that you can follow.
- Know the objectives and goal
For any event, it is really important that you are fully aware of the objectives and goals. You have to know this because it gives you a starting point to get the process initiated. Moreover, it also puts you in a better state to have a logical insight about the event.
- Develop a Team
To pull off a successful event, it is really important that you develop a team for the process. Behind every successful event, there is a well-organized team with each person assigned a proper duty. In this regard, you might want to set up a team for the following domains.
- Venue Management
- Select a Date
The date is to be set for the event. There should be enough time for you to manage the event. Considering the intensity of the event, give yourself enough time for the management each and everything associated to the project. In this regard, keep the following things in mind.
- Make enough room for yourself in terms of time
- Have a track of holidays (the non-working days)
- Set the dates which are most suitable to the target audience
- Focus on the Branding
For the maximum efficiency in terms of marketing, you have to develop a very strong brand for the event. Make sure that your target audience knows about the event in the best possible manner. Define competitor events and do something to stand out.
In this regard, you should do the following:
- Brainstorm names that suit the event
- Have an interesting tagline
- Make sure that the logo is designed
- Spend time in devising a master plan
It is really important that you list down each and everything. This is to be done in order to write the master plan. For the complete execution of the event, this plan will be consulted.
An overview of things that you should consider while writing the master plan are:
- Logistics, venue and management
- Presenters and anyone else coming
- Contents of the event
- Keep an eye on the administrative process!
It is really important that you know about each and everything associated with the event. This is called keeping track of the administrative processes. So, ensure that you have an established state considering this.
- List the sponsors and potential partnerships
For the successful execution of an event, it is really important that you partner with different organizations. Moreover, getting sponsors to fund your event also sounds like a really nice idea. This is something that promotes your event by multiple folds.
In this regard, you have to do the following:
- Look for corporate sponsors. These are the bodies which fund your event to a partial extent. Moreover, there are organizations who fund in forms other than cash. For example, they might sponsor food, furniture, space etc.
- Find the community organizations where both of you would be working with each other to achieve a goal. This way both of you would be benefitting each other.
- Do not forget the publicity plan
For every event, it is very important that you market it in the best possible manner. Publicity forms a crucial portion of the event planning. No matter how good your event is, you cannot expect to make it successful without proper publicity and marketing.
This is a really important portion of the whole event planning process. It envisages that you optimize between the quality of the event and budget, keeping in mind that you have to deliver value to the customers and make profit for yourself at the same time.
- Know the Evaluation Process
At the end of the event you should be able to measure your success. This is known as the evaluation process. While defining the objectives, it is important that you propose goals which can be measured. At the end of the event, these objectives are set in front of ourselves and compared with the actual outcomes. This gives the success of the event. So, in the best possible way there should be measureable objectives set forth by us and then there should be proper procedure to measure them.